Tuesday, February 2, 2016

15 Blog Posts I'll Never Write (Unless I Do)

I've officially been working as a writer for nine months. Nine months. It's been just like a pregnancy: my belly is bigger and I have strong cravings for certain foods. (Donuts and apple fritters.)

In those nine months, I've posted two blog posts a week, every Tuesday and every Friday, missing only once, and that was by choice on Christmas Day. This is my 80th post since I started writing full-time. I've written on a wide variety of subjects, from not sun-bathing in the nude to Donald Trump. (But not about Donald Trump sun-bathing in the nude. The horror! The horror!)

Sometimes I've struggled for topics to write about. But, I do know that there are some things that I will never write about. Here are some blog titles you will never see from me:

1. Sun-Bathing In the Nude with Donald Trump

2. How To Become Rich and Famous by Writing a Blog

3. I'll Never Eat Another Donut As Long As I Live

4. The Ten Best Restaurants In Arimo, Idaho

5. A Minnesota Vikings Fan's Guide to Winning Yet Another Championship

6. Fashion Tips from My Mom: Is That Shirt Bright Enough?
I love you, Mom! (Nice sunglasses!)

7. Comcastic! 12 Reasons Why Comcast Customer Service Is the Best

8. The 10 Cleanest Truck Stop Restrooms In America

9. The Top 8 Reasons To Bring Back Barney, the Purple Dinosaur

10. Nine Reasons Hillary Clinton Will Easily Win Utah In November

11. Burritos, Chalupas, and Gorditas: Explaining the Wide Variety of the Taco Bell Menu

12. Straight Outta Chubbuck: Eastern Idaho's Influence On the Hip-Hop Community

13. Boss 101: How To Get the Best Out of Your Workers By Yelling At Them

14. Seven Reasons Why Tofu Is Better Than Bacon

15. Writing: Is It Really a Job If No One Pays You To Do It?

Ouch. That last one hits a little close to home. (I'm working on it!) Anyway, while I may sometimes struggle for subjects to write about, I don't think I'll ever run out of things not to write about!

(And a big thanks to a blogger named K. Renae P. and her post 15 More Blog Posts I'd Never Write for giving me the idea for today's post.) (Although I really wish she would write that one about how she won millions from sharing a Facebook post, because that sounds pretty interesting to me.)

2 comments:

  1. Great list. #1 and #7 made me lol for real. I walked into my office reading this, and I had a good belly laugh at those two. I'm not even ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (And any time you have more easily-to-steal blog ideas, send them my way!) Thanks again!

      Delete