Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Who Do You Want To Be For Halloween?

My son wants to be a doctor.

That's a good thing, right? I would be very happy if my son were to become a doctor. Unfortunately, he's only talking about his Halloween costume.

A doctor? That shouldn't be too hard. We should be able to make him a nice doctor costume out of stuff we have around the house. (And when I say "we" I mean "The Wife.")

Wait...now he says he wants to be Captain America. That should be fine. I like Captain America and what he stands for. I’ve seen some Captain America costumes at the store. In fact, I wouldn’t mind having one of those cool Captain America shields myself.

Wait…now he says he wants to be Spider-Man. I guess that’s okay, too. Spider-Man’s not as patriotic as Captain America, but he’s still heroic.


Wait…now he wants to be an astronaut.

Wait…now he wants to be Anna from “Frozen” because his big sister wants to be Elsa. Umm, I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It definitely wouldn’t be my first choice for him. I don’t want to discourage it too much, because then he might show his stubborn streak and try to hold his ground. It’s probably best if I just give it a few days until he changes his mind again.

(A couple of years ago his older sister spent four months declaring she wanted to be Shaggy from “Scooby-Doo” for Halloween. Fortunately for us, those four months were between December and March, so by the time October rolled around she had long forgotten it.)(No father has ever aspired for his daughter to look like Shaggy from “Scooby-Doo.”)

And now…still Anna. On the plus side he’s listened to the “Frozen” soundtrack enough that he knows all of the songs.

Wait…now he wants to be Olaf the snowman from “Frozen.” That’s better! A snowman costume shouldn’t be too hard (for The Wife) to figure out.

Wait…now he wants to be Jar Jar Binks! He’s never even seen any of the “Star Wars” movies, so how does he even know who that is? And there definitely won’t be any Jar Jar Binks costumes at the local store, so that means we’ll have to search the internets.

Wait…now he wants to be Iron Man. Good! But he was Iron Man two years ago, and that costume doesn’t fit anymore. We’ll have to get a new one.

Wait…now he wants to be a fire fighter. Even better! He can dress up like a REAL hero!

(Of course, there’s still some time between now and Halloween, so he MIGHT change his mind another 17 times.)


No comments:

Post a Comment