Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Don't Need Valentine's Day

I don't need Valentine's Day to know that my wife loves me. She shows me every day.

She shows me when she smiles at me.
She shows me when she loves our children.
She shows me when she listens to all my stories.
She shows me when she lets me hold the remote.
She shows me when she makes us all waffles.
She shows me when she makes whipped cream for the waffles, because the kids love that.
She shows me when she shops on Amazon (because it's almost always something for the family.)
She shows me when she buys the kids swimming suits in February because they'll need them in July.
She shows me when she kisses me every morning before she leaves for work.
She shows me when she tells me to follow my dreams. (The good dreams, not the one where I go to school but forget to wear my pants.)
She shows me when she cooks things without green peppers, because she knows I don't like them.


She shows me when she puts up with my shenanigans.
She shows me when she plans our family vacation 10 months in advance.
She shows me when she cooks me bacon. (But not too often, because it's not very good for me.)
She shows me when she knows things about me that I didn't know she knew.
She shows me when she makes my baby giggle.
She shows me when she cuddles up to me when we're watching a show.
She shows me by just being herself.

I only hope that she knows how much I love her. And not just on Valentine's day, but every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment