Do you know what else is so rare that it only happens once or twice in a lifetime? All the kids actually napping at the same time! If you have more than one child, and all of those children are asleep at the same time, this is an occurrence that is about as rare as an eclipse. You need to cherish and take every advantage of the situation, before one or all of them wake up!
Here are 5 things you can do while your kids nap:
1. Take a shower/bath--Let's face it, you probably stink. Because of your multiple kids, you don't get to shower as often as you'd like, and when you do you're rushed. When was the last time you had a good, long soak in the tub. Now is the time to enjoy it. And maybe, just maybe, you can get through an entire shower and/or bath without a toddler flinging open the shower curtain and reciting to you the names of all the body parts they know.
2. Watch an adult-ish show--Is there that one show you've been wanting to watch, but it contains so much violence and/or sexual situations that you don't dare view it with the kids around? Well, now's your chance! Yes, that's right, you can finally watch the evening news. (Oh, and there might be some other shows you'll want to see, too.)
3. Eat from your hidden stash of goodies--Admit it, we all have food that we want to eat but we don't want our kids to eat. We'll usually either hide it from the kids, or make up some reason to tell them why they can't eat it. Eat it now while they're asleep. This might be your only opportunity to eat that brownie without a toddler begging like a street urchin.
4. Work on that project you've been wanting to get done--Most of us have something that we'd like to be doing if we just had a little more time. With the kids asleep, this is the time to build that desk, restore that old car, write that novel, or even just play a video game uninterrupted.
5. Nap--All of these other ideas are great, but it doesn't really matter what you plan to do while the kids are napping, because if you sit still for five seconds the chances are good that you'll be napping, too. If they are actually tired enough to sleep, there's little doubt that you are tired enough to sleep, too. So, go ahead and get rested up; you'll need all that energy to make it to the next eclipse.