Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Preschooler Or Politician?

It's Election Day! I'm a stay-at-home dad, and I've been keeping my eyes on the big midterm elections this year. Lots of excitement! Also, I've been keeping my eyes on my kids, especially the 2 year-old and the almost-four year-old that I spend all day with.

Sometimes, when I'm keeping my eyes on so many things, I find it hard to differentiate between the politicians and the preschoolers. They really do exhibit similar behaviors. Don't believe me? Well, here are a few examples:

*Quite likely to call someone they don't like a nasty name. (Like "butthead," or "horseface.")

*Makes promises they have no intention of keeping. (Like "I'll only use the crayon on paper," or "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep it.")

*Likes to kiss other people's babies.

*Constantly interrupts others and talks when they are talking.

*Likes to hear himself talk.

*Writes undecipherable, nonsensical gibberish. (Like "covfefe.")

*Likes to throw mud.

*Makes up the rules as they go.

*When caught doing something wrong, likes to blame others.

*Sometimes make fun of people who are different.

*Thinks life is a parade and everyone is waving at them.

*Likes to stick stickers everywhere. (Including bumpers.)

*Never cleans up their own messes.

*Likes to exaggerate using really big numbers.

*Frequently throws temper tantrums.

*Takes credit for things they didn't do, but never takes responsibility when things go wrong.

*Tells fibs.

*Thinks everyone is picking on them.

*Is not completely potty trained. (Okay, so that one is probably just for preschoolers.)

The good news is that after today we won't have to hear anything at all about politicians or elections for at least a couple of years! (Maybe.)


Note: I tried to keep this blog post as politically neutral as possible, using examples from both political parties. Unfortunately, I ended up leaning heavily on Donald Trump links, mostly because that's either what came to my mind or appeared first when I did an internet search. Is this because he acts more like a preschooler than other politicians, or should I blame the Fake News?

No comments:

Post a Comment