Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Donald Trump or Donald Duck

I was having a hard time figuring what to write about, so I asked my three year-old girl and my two year-old boy, "What should I write about today?"

Excitedly, the Girl said, "Donald! Write about Donald!"

"Oh," I replied. "You want me to write about Donald Duck?"

"No," the Girl answered. "Not Donald Duck. Donald."

The Boy interjected with, "Foofy! Foofy!" (That's how he pronounces "Goofy.")

I was a bit confused by what the Girl wanted. "Not Donald Duck? Which Donald should I write about, then? Donald Trump?"

"Yes!" the Girl shouted. "Donald Trump! Donald Trump!"

This image is available on t-shirts or other products at: this site.


So, I've been instructed by my children to write about Donald Trump. And then, the more I thought about it, it dawned on me that Donald Trump and Donald Duck have some things in common. Here are a few of those similarities:

*Donald Duck is a bird who speaks. Donald Trump is a man who tweets.

*Donald Duck gets frustrated quite easily, and often says things like, "Aw, phooey!" Donald Trump often gets frustrated with people, and ends his tweets by saying, "Sad."

*Donald Duck had a rich relative, Uncle Scrooge McDuck. Donald Trump had a rich relative, his father Fred Trump.

*Donald Duck and Donald Trump both are fond of wearing a particular hat.

*Donald Duck and Donald Trump both have homes in Florida.

*Some people have a hard time understanding Donald Duck when he speaks. Some people have a hard time understanding Donald Trump, too.


Of course, Donald Duck and Donald Trump are different, too:

*Donald Duck doesn't wear pants. Donald Trump does wear pants. (Thankfully!)

*Donald Duck hangs out with Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck. Donald Trump hangs out with Mike Pence and Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

*Donald Duck is not the President of the United States of America. Donald Trump is.


So there you have it. I hope the Girl is happy. (Next time maybe I'll write about Foofy.)






No comments:

Post a Comment