Friday, January 12, 2018

How to Celebrate Your Wedding Anniversary (According to a Nine Year-Old Girl)

I married the love of my life eleven years ago today! It seems like just yesterday. It seems like a lifetime (and four kids) ago.

It was the best day of my life! (Except for maybe every day since.)

How do you celebrate the anniversary of such a wonderful day? Well, according to my oldest daughter, this is what we should do: "You should go dancing all night at the Cheesecake Factory, then throw pies in each other's faces."

On our wedding day we didn't need Cheesecake Factory because we had real cheesecake!

I don't know if I should be happy or frightened that this is what my nine year-old thinks a romantic evening should look like.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems with my daughter's plan:
1) The nearest Cheesecake Factory is about an hour away from where we live.
2) The Cheesecake Factory isn't known for its dance floor.
C) If we had some pie, I wouldn't want to waste it by throwing it in anyone's face.
4) We didn't go for that "smashing the cake in each other's face" on our wedding day, so I don't think we'll go for it today.

So, even though I hate to disappoint my daughter, I don't think we're going to follow her plan for our anniversary celebration. (Maybe we'll dance all night at Applebee's instead.)

2 comments: