Friday, April 29, 2016

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Odd Squad

Game of Thrones is back!!! Hooray! I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen. Is Jon Snow really dead? If he's not, how are they going to bring him back? I'm sooooo looking forward to it!

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead just finished up another thrilling season. So exciting! What a cliffhanger! Negan swung his bat, but who did he kill? Was it Rick? Glenn? Michonne? Daryl? Carl? Maggie? One of the others? I don't know. I'll be wondering all summer long!

These are two of the best and most exciting shows in the history of television!

Or so I'm told.

I've never actually seen one minute of Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. What I have seen is a lot of stuff on the interwebs about those two shows. A lot of stuff. Fans of those shows really like to post stuff about them on Facebook and Twitter. Entertainment sites are filled with info and spoilers and what's-nexts about Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. (That's how I know about Jon Snow and Negan.) People everywhere are obsessed about these two shows!

Me? No. I don't watch either of those shows because I'm spending my television viewing time watching Odd Squad and WordGirl. When you have kids of a certain age, these are the shows you watch.

So, while many of you were watching the carnage of the Red Wedding on Game of Thrones, I was learning why Agent Olive is afraid of pies on Odd Squad. (SPOILER ALERT: It's because Odd Tod unleashed a pie-nado at Odd Squad headquarters.)(A pie-nado is a tornado made of pies.) And while you were watching the evil machinations of the Governor on The Walking Dead, I was watching WordGirl's monkey sidekick, Captain Huggy Face, do a celebratory dance because he correctly mimed the definition of the word "pensive" on WordGirl. And while you were watching the Mountain crush a man's skull with his bare hands on Game of Thrones, I was trying to figure out why Agent Olaf is obsessed with potatoes on Odd Squad.

Do I feel like I'm missing out because I don't watch Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead? No, not really. From what I hear on the internets, I'm mostly just missing out on a lot of shocking, gory deaths. If I want shocking, gory deaths I can go rent a Friday the 13th movie. (Or watch a Los Angeles Clippers playoff series.) There aren't a lot of heads chopped off on Odd Squad, and I'm fine with that.

Walking Dead? Game of Thrones? Nope.

So, for those of you who constantly feel the need to post about Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, I appreciate your passion for your shows, but I really don't need to keep hearing about them. It would be like me constantly posting about Odd Squad or WordGirl. I don't care about your zombies or dragons any more than you care about the latest nefarious exploits of Symmetric Al or Chuck, the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy.

Oh well, I guess it could be worse. You could be posting cat videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment